The Consumer Credit Unit enforces several state laws relating to consumer credit and debt collection:
- Uniform Consumer Credit Code - Information on consumer lending laws (the Uniform Consumer Credit Code), as well as the Credit Services Organization Act (credit repair), the Rental Purchase Agreement Act (rent-to-own), and the Refund Anticipation Loans Act.
- Collection Agency Regulation - Information on the Colorado Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (consumer debt collection) and the Colorado Child Support Collection Consumer Protection Act.
- Debt Management - Information on the Uniform Debt-Management Services Act regulating credit counseling and debt settlement companies.
Are you a Victim of a Data Breach?
- Learn what to do in the Identity Theft Fraud Center.
Want to Learn More?
- Visit the Fraud Center for additional information on ways to protect yourself.
Victim of Fraud?
- Report fraud or suspicious activity.
Sign Up For Fraud Alerts
Register here for the Consumer Fraud Bulletin to receive fraud alerts and tips to keep you safe.
Office of the Attorney General
Consumer Protection Section
Colorado Department of Law
Ralph L. Carr Judicial Building
1300 Broadway, 7th Floor
Denver, CO 80203